Friday, January 21, 2011

Lendhlay Launch

    My current writing project is to develop my fantasy world, while working on developing short fiction styles.  To this end I am going through the continent of Idhua, country by country and for each one I have been writing an “encyclopedia” entry and a short story or novella set in it. I have begun with the oldest country, Lendhlay, and wrote a story entitled The White Raven, which I am now in the process of final editing.  I wanted to mark each one more definitively than saying “that’s done, next!” So I am holding a little (or maybe someday big) party to launch each one.

   The event is themed after the country and will include a reading of the short story.  I am done with two countries, Lendhlay and Fijallind, and am working on the third, Eonia.  I had the Lendhlay launch party in December and I feel it was a good success.  It was a dinner party of five courses and costumes were encouraged.  Although I have a pretty good idea of what the Lendhu dress looks like, I wanted to make it easier on my guests, so the instructions were fantasy medieval garb with an elven flavor – how ever they chose to interpret that.  Here are some pictures of the night:

Table Setting
Centerpiece made of a decorative mirror



Me in Costume

No comments:

Post a Comment