Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beading Mania!

I am usually fairly organized about giving myself enough time to do something, but I have sort of failed this time.  Back in November I decided that I did in fact want to make a costume to wear at Norwescon, at least to the evening events and parties.  It took me until February to decide to pursue a peacock-themed masquerade costume, which has been in the back of my mind for a while.  I dithered about fabric for a while and finally got it in the middle of March.  All good – I had over a month to sew the thing.  But then last weekend, when N was helping me fit the bodice, I decided to bead the trim for it myself.  So now, just a few weeks before it is to be worn, I am madly beading some 84 inches of trim!  Listening to books on tape or to television shows, at a dinner party for M’s visiting parents, when I am having tea with a friend, so far the beading is following me most everywhere.  I don’t know if I will get it done in time, but I find it somewhat amusing none the less.  Next time I will start the beading in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment